We are interested in taking on new composers for Canticum Novum. We accept composers on the following:
1) You are not already an established composer. We are looking to give opportunity to those who've been looked over by the broader publishing world.
2) Be a practicing musician in your local community. We write music that our actual choirs can sing, and that fill gaps in what is lacking in current church music catalogs.
3) Commit to writing music that is accessible for actual choirs and church music programs in today's world. This isn't the publishing company for an eight-part a capella polyphonic anthem or organ prelude that requires a small chamber orchestra. We have a mission to service churches in a meaningful and accessible way, with music that most choirs can sing.
4) Be interested in publishing with us multiple times, based on themes of the Liturgical calendar. What have you noticed is lacking in today's church music?
5) Be willing to let the company take a percentage of sales to "keep the doors open." We have a growing network to offer you and your work, but we also have to keep the lights on!
Composers can begin the conversation by emailing us at email@example.com.